Sunday 3 January 2021

Home Decor KeyHolder

 Hi Friends,

This is my first post for the new year 2021,I am excited to share something so unique for me.

So making something from scratch is always fun, and this time I just had to try this keyholder which I have been wishing to gift my Granny living in a small village of India.

I wanted to give this keyholder a feel of both Indian traditional art forms and western styles of crafting too.

Here are some pics





This is like a perfect Decor piece for hanging keys or something similar with rings attached. I have used Altenew Celebrate Today stamp set for the florals and Bold Caps Alphabet dies for the lettering.

Everything is hand painted using acrylic colors. The borders have traditional Indian folk art pattern combined with leaves from the same stamp set.

Here are some pics how I made it.

I took a wooden piece of half inch thickness and cut it as shown,next I had to fix these hangings to it. I chose to cover it with three hangers.


So when I started painting with hangers,they were restricting my hand movement,so I had to remove them for the time being and started off with painting on the wooden block.

I stamped the florals using Black Archival Ink and masked surrounding areas with washi tape to avoid any pattern flowing to borders.

Then I colored everything on the holder using acrylic colors. And fixed back all the holders.

I also did a coat of varnish after completing my paint work to give it a long and durable life.


Hope you enjoyed the make. And also my Granny likes it once received.

Products used:


I am entering my make to






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your precious feedback.I completely appreciate it.